Sometimes, things just work out. This afternoon we sold the box spring and old bed frame to a guy via craigslist (in preparation for Bridget’s new bed in a new bedroom) and then later we ended up buying a bassinet from someone else on craigslist.
It’s early still to be buying baby things, but honestly, we don’t really need much of anything else (except maybe clothes). I am glad to have it checked off my mental list because it’s pretty full at the moment: three work projects in various states of development, remembering to get to book and/or Mom’s club, planning the TU ReU, planning Bridget’s new room and the nursery, planning Bridget’s birthday part, plus whatever else comes up!
All in all, it’s been a good few months.
My brother Kevin graduated high school earlier this week (YAY KEVIN!); he’s headed to my alma mater, Towson U for college.
Some things struck me in the program (not all surprises)
|Number||% of total||% of females|
|Headed to traditional 4 year college/university||49||21.68%||n/a|
|Middle name Nicole/Nichole||17||7.52%||13.93%|
|First name Brittany/Brittney and Middle name Nichole/Nicole||4||1.77%||3.28%|
- number of new play houses: 1
- number of punch cups to wash: 20
- number of guests at the house: 4
- contents of new plastic swimming pool: 2 watering cans, teapot and teacup, curious george jack-in-the-box
- number of my little ponies: 3
- number of twisties removed: one billion
- number of pictures taken by Bridget’s parents: ZERO (oops)
She will be two at the end of the month, and she is DEFINITELY not a baby anymore. She likes:
- Charlie and Lola
- and various other girly type stuff
I am planning a very girlish, Lola themed party.
- My book club meets the second Monday of every month. When did I show up? The second Tuesday. The poor host’s husband answered the door and was all confused. I just thought I was the first one there. She was very sweet — and I wasn’t too terribly embarrassed.
- Christmas is so much more fun now that there’s Bridget. She loved picking out a tree (she tried to hug all the little trees). She’s entranced by the Christmas lights. I could tell that she was a little confused when we brought the tree inside and started putting the lights on it, but once we plugged them in she said, "Oooooh!" It was perfect.
- At the grocery store some time this week, I almost broke down crying: they were playing The Marvelous Toy over the sound system. I am such a sap. My brother and I used to make Dad play us that song when we were little.
I love the Farmer’s Market. I’ve been trying to go every Sunday and now that the summer produce is in full swing, there is just such an abundance of good stuff. This week:
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 peaches
- 1 cantaloupe
- 3 zucchini
And all for around $5.00 TOTAL.
- It’s 80 some odd degrees.
- The cat is recovering well.
- The baby is getting a hang of this whole sleep thing.
- We can watch movies.
- I got 7 hours of continuous sleep last night.
- Glen and Sarah came over last weekend and I had TWO whole beers!
- Bridget has taken a few steps on her own.
- It’s almost April.